Privacy & Cookies
Academy & Your Privacy
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specifiedby us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Ticketline & Your Privacy
- We will not send you unsolicited emails (spam).
- We will not share your personal information for marketing without your consent.
- When you browse our Site information about your visit is automatically stored in our web server logs. As you navigate through the Site the server logs stores the details and contents you request as well as storing your IP address and the date and time of your page requests.
- Any personal information which we get from you or gather about you from your use of our Site will be used to contact you by post, phone, email or SMS when necessary in connection with transactions entered into by you on the Site.
- Please note that by ordering with Manchester Academy you are consenting to your personal information being shared with an event organiser or promoter or venue for the particular event for which you are buying tickets. You should contact them directly if you would prefer not to receive direct communication from them. Information will only be passed to event organisers for certain events where this is requested.
- Financial information that is collected from you is used to authorise payment and bill you. Your consent is given to provide your financial or personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies, banks and those companies that handle shipping and fraud protection.
Below is a description of the cookies that Manchester Academy use:
These are cookies that are required for the website to work properly when you browser it or try to order tickets.
This cookie is used to identify you as you proceed through the order process and to store your user preferences. The cookie will expire once you close your browser unless you tick “Keep me signed in for today”, in which case the cookie will be stored on your computer for 24 hours after which it will expire.
Traffic Management Cookie
This cookie is used to ensure the website operates smoothly, giving you the best possible experience by sharing our web traffic between multiple servers.
Cookie Options Cookie
This cookie is used to save whether or not you consent to other cookies being used. It is not used to track or invade your privacy, but instead there for us to remember your privacy settings. If you delete this cookie your Manchester Academy privacy options will reset back to default and you will be shown a message at the bottom of the window asking you if you'd like to change your privacy options.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous data of how many visitors our website has and how the website is used. This information is used solely by Manchester Academy to monitor traffic and help us improve your overall experience.
Google Analytics via DoubleClick
We have enabled Google Analytics to collect data about our traffic via the DoubleClick cookie in addition to data collected through the standard Analytics implementation. We use this to collect anonymous data of our visitors age, gender and interests. This information is used solely by Manchester Academy to help us improve your overall experience and to ensure that we target our audience correctly.
Third Party Websites
We use embedded share buttons for some third party social networking websites, such as Facebook and Twitter. These allow our users to share artists and events with their friends. These sites may set a cookie if you login to their service. Manchester Academy does not set or control these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Note: you can turn off social features, apart from when on a Manchester Academy facebook application where the facebook cookies are required for the application to work.
If you wish to restrict cookies that are being set by the Manchester Academy website you can do this via your browser settings. For more information about cookies and how they work on different browsers please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that restricting cookies to the Manchester Academy website will inhibit your ability to sign in or purchase tickets.
This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use industry standard 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for your transactions with us.
It secures all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.